Lymphoedema is a chronic condition and an initial assessment is needed to discuss your short and long term management aims.
The assessment will include:
- Taking a comprehensive medical history. There are some medical conditions that can cause limb oedema so you may need to return to your GP or medical specialist if there are any concerns
- Skin and movement assessment
- limb range of movement (if appropriate)
- assessing for pitting and non-pitting oedema
- foot and toe assessment (if appropriate)
- checking for skin dryness and indications of chronic oedema
- scar assessment (if appropriate)
- Limb measurements
- Commencement of lymphoedema education where you will become the expert about your body
- Skin care
- Discuss manual lymphatic drainage
- Discuss the need for compression therapy
Demonstration of manual lymphatic drainage with discussion about self drainage techniques.
You will be provided with your own measurements and a copy of your exercise plan.
Not everyone will need or want manual lymphatic drainage or compression therapy. You are in charge of your own health needs and I am here to provide accurate and honest information, effective and evidence-based management and encouragement to help you improve your quality of life.
Book in for your initial assessment: 9873 3351